Psalm 119: 12-16 - " Praise be to you , O Lord ; teach me your decrees. WITH MY LIPS I RECOUNT all the laws that come from your mouth. I rejoice in following your statutes as one rejoices in great riches. I meditate on your precepts and consider your ways. I delight in your decrees; I will not neglect your word.

Saturday, November 16, 2013

In Real Life We are Cracked, Weak, Dispensable...... but God is Unmeasurable

               This week was tough for me. I don't know what started it off bad, or just what event kicked it off in a wrong direction . However with each knew day it just seemed a little heavier . By my last night of work, I was not only exhausted but lying to myself. Reminding myself I am lonely, how tired I am, I feel stuck in a rut and on and on ( P.S. its never good to think too much when your tired). 
               Things I am usually light hearted about and move on from quickly were at my front door knocking with a BOOM, BOOM, BOOM. I had taken care of a man nearly the whole night before and was met by him the next morning. He started his morning cussing me out, yelling at me and being horrible. I wanted to shout in my worn out state, " Hey , its me. You know the girl who washed vomit off of you over and over and over again all night long !" But I didn't . Rather I added it to my already heavy shoulders and left work, you guessed it depressed.
              " I'd go to bed and feel better", I told myself and my husband. But I woke up in a not much improved state of mind. I took a shower and got ready for church, " Lord, I am depressed, please help me !" I prayed. I headed out of the house with the family and headed to church more out of routine then anything. I sat down still in my down state but heard exactly what my heart needed.
              I love how God hears us and meets us right where we are ! Church opened with this verse......1 Corinthians 4:7- For we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all surpassing power is from God and not from us. Our pastor began talking about jars, they are easily breakable, expendable, easy for waste, fragile, weak. Oh that was so me this week, that is so me period. I am weak, easily broken....... But it is Gods surpassing power that I need to focus on. When I focus on me, this jar, good luck! But always 100 percent, when I focus on Gods surpassing power, when I am in His Word drawing in truth and strength, promises and hope, When I am hiding God's Word in my heart I am storing up treasure in this simple clay jar ! That is a sure cure to kick depression off my door step.
                Our pastor went on ,that surpassing power is UNMEASURABLE .That is my God ! I might be a jar. I might be weak, breakable. But I am not the treasure, Jesus is ! God can do things I never can, and it should be Him that gets the Glory for the victories in my life. I know without a doubt depression is going to knock on my lifes door again. I am not instantly cured from getting down, or discouraged or disheartend. This is real life after all and there will be times I just have a bad day. But there is one sure thing in my life, just as sure as me being a simple old jar. The sure thing is an unmeasurable God , who has a million plus promises for me and for you too. He is the treasure that fills my life. He is the strength that fills this simple jar when I let Him in.
               He chooses to fill us, that is amazing. I can focus on the things that get me down , or I can remind my heart and mind of the beautiful promises of my unmeasurable God found in His Word. The promises to give us all we need. Joy, peace, strength........ He fill our lives with good things. He fills these empty easily despensable jars with treasure, with Himself. Thank you Lord for hearing this cracked, weak , easily dispensable me, and for lifting me up and out of my day of depression. I look forward to all you have for me today ! I know if you are involved it will SURPASS my expectations. I am asking you to fill me. I am amazed that you even would. You are unmeasurable.
                How has your week been ? Are you having a week, a day , that has left you feeling like a old cracked jar. From one jar to another I hope you are encouraged to go to the source. I love that Jesus chooses to fill us. He takes something broken and uses it. I hope this week you find your strength in an unmeasurable source. 1 Corinthians says it comes from God and not from us. We have this treasure ! We have an unmeasurable God !

No comments:

Post a Comment