Psalm 119: 12-16 - " Praise be to you , O Lord ; teach me your decrees. WITH MY LIPS I RECOUNT all the laws that come from your mouth. I rejoice in following your statutes as one rejoices in great riches. I meditate on your precepts and consider your ways. I delight in your decrees; I will not neglect your word.

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

In Real Life... There is One Great Thing We Can Pray for Our Kids.!

         "Good job mom !", she said after highly commending my kids. She had just shared with me a couple things she had seen in my older two that had inspired her. With her " Good job mom ! ", I had a minute to breathe on my hand , tuck my fingers in and give a one two on the middle of my blouse. But I couldn't, I knew the truth about  me and my mothering. Although I would have loved to take the mommy coated glory at that moment I could only look up and say, " Thanks God!" So that is what I told my sweet friend," if any of our kids turn out well and do well, the most we can do is say," thank you God!""
          When I look at my parenting I see a million mistakes and it didn't take long for me to start making them. When my oldest, was born I was overwhelmed with depression from unhealed hurt in my life. I found myself snappy and inpatient. As he grew and more kids came I found myself yelling more than I ever thought possible for a quiet girl like me. Thankfully, God began to heal those wounds and heal my attitude as a mom, but I still worried about those early mistakes I had made.With all my kids I can look back and see where I stressed too much, rushed too much and fussed too much . I was not the perfect mom who followed 5 step plans so that one day, one glorious day I could have the perfect children'.
           I can also look back though and see where God has helped me. to lighten up, have fun and enjoy my kids. He has given me fresh ideas, strength and everything else I needed when I asked Him. I know myself as a mom and I know myself with Gods help as a mom, so I much rather prefer to thank Him for the help.I told my friend before hanging up, " It is God that gets a hold of our kids. If it is not real for them and meaningful to them individually there is nothing we can do, no plan we can follow. It's that personal relationship that changes things.It's God's work in their hearts."
           There has been one great thing I have done that I shared with my friend .In my small opinion it is the greatest for our kids. I have prayed and continue to pray that God would get a hold of my kids hearts. My husband and I have often sat down, talked and said, we know if our kids have Jesus. If they love and cling to Him, they will be alright. He is the solid rock they need in this world of shifting, sinking sand.
             When I was 17, I loved the Lord. He had my heart. I hit struggles and challenges but He helped me, rescued me and got me through. Knowing what He did for me at a young age, there is no doubt He will keep my kids as well when they call on Him for help.I can look back and say this verse now with confidence for my own life and how He helped me when real life came rushing in. John 10:28-29 " I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. "My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand.…, " 
             I know my kids will hit real life soon enough. They will see things I wish they would never have to. They will encounter cruel people  and a world that threatens safety. They will be hurt by someone , let down by someone and mistreated by someone. They will face choices and may make the wrong choice at times. But I know as a mom if they have Jesus, no one can snatch them out of his hand. If they know and love the Lord, they have the greatest thing.
            So that is my prayer everyday. Among my struggles as a mom, my chore chart that I can never quite organize, my school schedule I can never quite perfect. But my prayer remains the same, "LORD please get a hold of my kids hearts that they will know and love you. "My kids have a big journey ahead. I do not know how or where they will end up. I only pray that every step they will know Jesus is with them. This is my only confidence as a mom. If they have Jesus , they have everything.. If I hear anything good, praise worthy, notable or inspiring, I can surely look up and say, "thank you God. "I know my helper and He deserves the credit. After all it is his hand that He keeps us . Moms and kids included.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your down-to-earth wisdom! Keep on writing– I love your perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a mom of now adult children, I do believe you have hit the nail on the head! The most important thing for a mom to know is that her children are walking with the Lord. It doesn't mean they won't struggle, as we all do at times. It is my prayer, as well. Even though my parenting days are now pretty much completed, my prayers never cease!! Thanks for sharing!
    Ann @ Christ in the Clouds - http://christintheclouds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete